This policy sets out how we use and protect any personal information that you give us when you use our website or contact us by email or mobile messaging. If you have any questions about this policy or do not agree with it, please contact our marketing department at 401 Southway Drive, Plymouth, PL6 6QT or firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0333 6000 622 before using this website.
1. Schneider Electric commits to protect your personal information
Schneider Electric is committed to protect your privacy and your personal information. We encourage you to read this privacy statement. This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and the way your personal information is collected online and how that information is used by us. This statement will be readily available on our home page and at the bottom of every Schneider Electric Web page. Schneider Electric strongly supports the fundamental rights to privacy and data Protection as well as compliance with national and international privacy laws. In the legal and ethical principles, "Our Principles of Responsibility“, Schneider Electric commits to maintain confidential any personal information and to strictly limit any disclosure in accordance with local laws. Schneider Electric has established this Privacy statement as an external publication of our Data Privacy binding corporate rules (“BCR”), sanctioned by Data Protection Authorities of the European Union in November 2012. In the Schneider Electric’s Data privacy Binding corporate Rules, we respect and take into account the major principles of the EU Directive 95/46/EC as our Head-Office is located in European Union. Our Privacy Rules are applicable in all of our affiliates for the collection, processing, use, dissemination, transfer, and storage of personal information. They impose common rules for all of our entities of all countries, and aim at ensuring a high level of protection of personal information within Schneider Electric.
2. To whom this Privacy statement applies
3. How we process your personal information?
Schneider Electric respects the privacy rights and interests of each individual, employee, candidate or customer. Schneider Electric subsidiaries will observe the following principles when processing your personal information:
1. Processing your personal information fairly and lawfully.
2. Collecting your personal information for specified, legitimate purposes and not processing further in ways incompatible with those purposes.
3. Collecting your personal information which is relevant to and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected and used. We may render information anonymous when feasible and appropriate, depending on the nature of the data and the risks associated with the intended uses.
4. Maintaining your personal information accurate, and where necessary, kept up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to rectify or delete Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
5. Keeping your personal information only as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed.
6. Processing your personal information in accordance with the individual’s legal rights.
7. Taking appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized access, unlawful processing, and unauthorized or accidental loss, destruction, or damage to personal information.
8. Processing your personal information based on the following legal basis: - You have unambiguously given your consent; or
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract; or - The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Schneider Electric is subject; or
- The processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject; or
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller or in a third party to whom the data is disclosed; or
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Schneider Electric or by the third party or parties to whom the data is disclosed, except where such interests are overridden by the interests for fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject. All Schneider Electric entities ensure that these principles are observed.
4. Why we collect your personal information?
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide our customers and other users with superior service and a smooth, efficient and personalised experience while using the sites. For example, if you purchase products or request information on the sites, we use your personal information to fill your order or provide the requested information. Schneider Electric may collect personal Information from you to complete various transactions, such as:
• product or service orders, activations and registrations
• profile creation
• information requests
• marketing or support subscriptions
• contest entries or survey participation
• job applications
5. What information is collected?
Schneider Electric collects and uses your personal information to better serve you and personalise your experience and interaction with Schneider Electric. Such collection is done with appropriate notice and consent, along with required filings with data protection authorities, where applicable. Personal information (or personal data) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity. This privacy statement does not cover personal information rendered anonymous or where pseudonyms are used. Data is rendered anonymous if individual persons are no longer identifiable or are identifiable only with a disproportionately large expense in time, cost, or labour. The use of pseudonyms involves the replacement of names or other identifiers with substitutes, so that identification of individual persons is either impossible or at least rendered considerably more difficult. If data rendered anonymous becomes no longer anonymous (i.e., individual persons are again identifiable), or if pseudonyms are used and the pseudonyms allow identification of individual persons, then this privacy statement will again apply. It is always up to you whether to disclose personal information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services.
The types of personal information we collect from you may include:
• your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address and shipping address
• customer type, job function, job title, purchasing authority, purchasing timeframe and others
• product and service preferences, contact preferences, educational and employment background, and job interest data
• credit card information (where applicable)
• IP address (see chapter on cookies)
How We Use Your Information
We gather and use information in a number of ways, including the following: Browsing and Searching: We collect certain personal Information when you visit the sites or click on the various links for products and services. We collect this information to improve your web user experience for your next visits (ex: country selection), help run the sites more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information, to monitor the level of activity on the sites, and to evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising. (See chapter 8 about cookies) Ordering: We collect Personal Information when you purchase products and services. We collect this information to deliver your order, to obtain payment, and to communicate with you about the status of your order. Technical support: We may collect certain information when you request technical support for Schneider Electric products. This information is necessary to identify your systems, understand the configuration of the products, diagnose your questions, and provide solutions. Online surveys and polling: We collect Personal Information from customers who volunteer to complete surveys or participate in polls. We use this information to improve our products and services. Promotional activities: We collect Personal Information from you when you enter a promotional program or activity. We use this information to administer the program or activity, to send you promotional e-mails, notify winners, and make the winners' list publicly available pursuant to applicable regulations and laws.Newsletters and promotional e-mails: We collect Personal Information when you ask to receive newsletters, promotional e-mails, and other information. We use this information to provide you the information you request. Contact information: If you contact us, we keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including Personal Information, in a file specific to you. We use this information to help us provide you better service in the event you contact us again. We may keep your information for a reasonable period for the purposes set out above. How do we use your information for marketing? We may use the information we collect to inform you, by email about promotions, news and new products that we think may be of interest to you. By providing us with your information you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us please indicate this where requested on the registration or request form.
6. What we do with your personal data
7. Your consent
By providing us with your personal information and using the sites, you consent to our processing your personal data and sensitive personal data for the above purposes. You also consent to our transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the EU, if necessary for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your information is protected. If you provide us with information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data including sensitive personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out above) for which their personal data will be processed.
9. How we protect your information
Schneider Electric and its subsidiaries are committed to taking appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures to protect its Employees and Customers Personal Data against unauthorized access, unlawful processing, accidental loss or damage, and unauthorized destruction. We offer the use of a secure server to enable you to place orders or access your account information. This encrypts your information before it is sent to us. We also take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used. We limit access to our internal systems that hold Personal Data to a selected group of authorized users who are given access to such systems through the use of a unique identifier and password. Access to Personal Data is limited to and provided to individuals for the purpose of performing their job duties. Our Third Party Access Policy defines the rules regarding the access types to be granted to the third parties, according to their needs and the security level to be ensured. This policy is applicable to all third parties requiring access to systems, applications, network devices and services and aims at limiting the risks of unauthorized access to Schneider Electric Information systems by ensuring limited accesses to the specific needs. However we cannot guarantee the security of any data you provide to us and you accept the inherent risks of on-line correspondence and purchases over the internet. Any purchases made by you via the Sites are subject to the terms and conditions contained on the Sites.
10. Links to third-party websites
11. Your rights to access
As data subjects you may inquire as to the nature of the Personal Data stored or processed about you by any Schneider Electric entity. You will be provided access to your personal data regardless of the location of the data processing and storage. A Schneider Electric entity processing such data will cooperate in providing such access to you either directly or through a local entity. All such requests for access may be sent to:
401 Southway Drive
Or by email email@example.com
If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you may request that the data be amended.
12. Change in this privacy statement
Schneider Electric reserves the right to modify this privacy statement as needed, for example, to comply with changes in laws, regulations, Schneider Electric practices and procedures, or requirements imposed by data protection authorities. In this case, Schneider Electric will inform Schneider Electric candidates, Customers and other persons of any material changes in this privacy statement. Schneider Electric will post all changes on relevant internal and external websites. This statement and the policies referred herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights.
Last update: 14 May 2018